Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring in Dorset

 At the beginning of the month I was back in Dorset. Holly and I took the dogs, Dexter and Fella, for a walk in Hardy Country. I'm a big Thomas Hardy fan and I love Dorset countryside. We went to Dewlish which is a small but thriving village near Bere Regis.
 We parked above the village by the wood hanger (still full of crows) and began our walk through woods carpeted in snowdrops. I used to do this walk in my lunch break when I worked in the village years ago at Wainwright Screenprint - a family business working out of a converted stable yard.
 The dogs were keen to get out of the car and in to the green space outside.
Park gates at Dewlish - you can just imaging Farmer Boldwood coming through in his carriage! But back to reality after a pleasant break in England - it's time to get those horses working!
Mrs P. she's progressing nicely. I've started lunging her and have quietly mounted her - so far so good. Then there is Mr P. who is more interested in eating than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment