Sunday, January 12, 2014

Horse Cam

Exploring lanes and tracks on horseback is one of my favourite things to do. Armed with my new 'horse cam' I can record the countryside as I pass through.
Looking west from If Farm
 Just a short ride today. Starting out heading west and turning down by Daniel's trees and then east along the Crooked Mile. A short detour here to see how the river is looking - the flood water has receded a great deal but it's still very wet at the ford and the Wild Wood is completely flooded.
 The last time I made the crossing, just before christmas, the water was so high it came in over my riding boots. A horrible experience! Mr P was undaunted however, and was quite happy to wade through.
 On the higher ground above the village they were cutting trees beyond Top Wood, we stopped to chat and admire the late afternoon sunburst before turning southwards and home.


No comments:

Post a Comment